Thursday, October 30, 2008

trunkin it up

So yesterday we went to our wards trunk or treat activity. There was a chile cookoff so I would'nt want to stand to close to me today, and a costume parade, which was pretty cool. Also we entered 2 pumpkins into a contest. I guess sometimes we can all be winners since anyone who participated got a little certificate. All three of us were thrilled. This year was Gloria and my first experience using the specialized carving patterns and kits. I have to say it will be difficult to go back to the old way. My most ambitious pumpkin was not carved with a pattern. I was able to carve the death star from star wars and was pretty proud of it. The whole thing took about 6 hours to do. The depressing part ,was how few kids had any idea what it was. Someone asked if it was from Harry Potter, and some one else thought it was the eye of Sauron from Lord of the Rings. Oh well, Im just glad its done. Anyway the activity was great, ozzy put on a great show, but unfortunately for the shopkeeper and his son we had to..... Wait! wrong ending! I mean we all had a good time and since halloween is actually friday, im going to enjoy scaring the crap out of trick or treaters. More to follow...... David

1 comment:

Jude and Ashley said...

"the eye of Sauron from Lord of the Rings", how funny.